How do the top SCMs stack up?
- How do their change request management techniques compare?
- Which one has the best artifact traceability?
- Is one SCM's support for geographically distributed teams better than another?
- Do they collaborate well with other tools?
This report examines the opinions and attitudes of developers who use the top commercial SCM products, as well as leading open source version control solutions. Developers only ranked the products they had used, making these ratings fair and unbiased.
Software Configuration Management Providers Ranked Include:
- CA Software Manager
- IBM Rational ClearCase
- MKS Integrity
- IBM Team Concert
- Borland Star Team
- Microsoft Team Foundation
- Change Management
- Support for Iterative Development
- Support for Geographically Distributed Development
- Ease and Granularity of Access
- Integration with other Development Tools
- Merge Tracking
- Defect Tracking
- Administrative Overhead
- Artifact Traceability
- Aiding the Release Process
Worldwide in scope and unbiased in approach, this insightful report is not to be missed.